Monthly Archives: September 2018
The Certificate IV in Bereavement Support is an online professional development program that provides participants with the knowledge and confidence to support individuals in the workplace who are experiencing loss, grief and bereavement.
With 11 core units, completed over 12 months, the Certificate IV in Bereavement Support offers a holistic approach to providing best-practice workplace support for bereavement.
This course is relevant for all workplaces, across all industries; including nursing, palliative care, community services, aged care and funeral & cemetery industry.
The key elements of this course are:
• How to provide effective bereavement support
• Providing culturally sensitive bereavement support
• Understanding the needs of special groups
• An understanding and application of basic counselling skills, including empathic listening and non-verbal communication
• Application of theoretical principals of grief and loss
• Capacity building and Quality management for real workplace environments
Registrations close 15th September 2018.
Two intensive care specialists urge us to start thinking about our ‘end-of-life’ stage before we get there. They caution that our personal wishes will not be prioritised if plans have not been discussed with family members beforehand. Listen ABC RN (25mins)