Wominjeka and welcome to our webpage
Members of the Eastern Metro Palliative Care Consortium provide services on the traditional lands and waterways of the Wurundjeri people and offer our respect to their Elders, past and present.
Palliative care information and resources
Our website provides links to great resources, including our Clinical Guidelines.
What We Do
- Work together to implement the standards of care outlined in the Victorian Government’s end of life and palliative care framework
- Meet regularly to plan and review how services can meet our collective goal of providing the highest standard of palliative care to our community.
- Engage in research to keep learning and developing best practice.
- Listen to community members and leaders to learn how our care and services can maintain excellent cultural safety, respect for cultural traditions and social diversity.
- Provide information to community and health professionals on palliative care and how to access services.
The Eastern Metro Palliative Care Consortium is one of eight regional palliative care consortia funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
It is an alliance of hospital based and community palliative care providers in the Eastern Metropolitan Region. Established in 2004, it is governed by a Consortium Management Group.
Eastern Health, Eastern Palliative Care and St. Vincent’s work together with NEMICS, EMPHN, Bolton Clarke, Fernlea,DHHS and private organisations.